Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happiness is a fresh hot bagel


I've never met a pastry I didn't like.  I love all things hot, crusty, chewy and bready.  Bagels are all that, rolled into one sweet (or savoury) little boiled and baked donut shaped delight.  They are great toasted, traditionally with cream cheese or as I had mine recently, warm, fresh and toasty.

So I was lured in to H&H Bagel on Broadway, NYC with the promise that I would get a hot, fresh bagel.  Luck was on my side.  They had just baked some blueberry bagels so I took it outside to snaffle up immediately while it was still nice and warm.  


It was one of those moments that you just want to be left alone to enjoy, to just soak up the taste, the surrounds and the 'Oh my God, I am eating a fresh hot bagel in NYC' feeling.

Now fresh and hot isn't just the only way I like my bagels - I love, love, love, bagel chips, especially the ones that you can buy from the Westside Market in NYC, which are made in-house.  You get a really nice mix of all different kinds of bagels - my favourite being pumpernickel.  Yum-O.  A bowl of home made hummous, some marinated olives and I am a happy girl!

I have a recipe for onion bagels kicking around here somewhere, maybe it's time I became brave enough to try baking my own.  

Remember - If it aint boiled, it aint a bagel!

Until next time...

Kitty xx

No comments:

Post a Comment